It may be the case that a CD has been included with your graphics card. If that is the case, you can use that and skip the steps below. Nvidia is constantly tweaking the underlying software that controls Nvidia graphics cards.
NoteWe supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging.
- TwinView is also not supported with SLI or Multi-GPU.
- For more information, please read SLI & Multi-GPU section of the ReadMe included with nVidia’s drivers for Linux.
- Note that if SLI or Multi-GPU is enabled, the GPUs used by that configuration will rocketdrivers.com be unavailable for single GPU rendering.
- This is a known bug and nVidia are currently working on this issue.
- Only one display can be used when SLI or Multi-GPU is enabled, with the exception of Mosaic.
- If X is configured to use multiple screens and screen 0 has SLI or Multi-GPU enabled, the other screens configured to use the nvidia driver will be disabled.
Nvidia Proprietary Drivers
Windows 10 also includes default drivers that work on a universal basis to ensure the hardware works successfully, at the least. If necessary, you can also install the drivers yourself.
Updated drivers are often released every few weeks. Installing the latest drivers will ensure that you get the best performance out of your games. Look specifically for graphics card drivers that mention manufacturer names related to graphic components, such as Intel Graphics, NVIDIA, or AMD Graphics.
Pc Gaming 101: How To Upgrade Your Graphics Card
Is Intel or AMD better for Linux?
For Linux compatibility, buy Intel and Nvidia, ie avoid AMD. The Meltdown & Spectre patches which affect Intel CPUs more than AMD CPUs, introduce a significant performance hit. So, better to put in more RAM to compensate.
Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs drivers for your devices when you first connect them. Even though Microsoft has a vast amount of drivers in their catalog, they are not always the latest version, and many drivers for specific devices are not found.
You may see these in the main view or under the Optional Updates category. If you see one of these, click on the Install button and wait for the installation to complete. Most modern cards are required to support up to 640×480 resolutions without a display driver installed, and most cards still maintain 320×240 support for compatability reasons.
To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them. Now that you’ve physically installed the graphics card, it’s time to install new graphics card drivers.